My heart is very heavy & very sad this morning. I lost a very dear friend last night. My friend Patti lost her courageous battle with stage 4 lung cancer. But, I really don't want to think about how she died - I want to think about how she lived! And boy, did she live!! Patti had a kindness & a spirit about her that just made you love her! The minute you'd see this tiny, spitfire of a woman a huge grin would spread over your face! She was loving, kind, helpful, generous, giving & FUNNY!! She always made me laugh! Oh, she had spunk!! And she had shoes! The most fun shoes I have ever seen! I'd always look at her sweet smiling face first, then my eyes would go immediately to her feet to see what fun, funky shoes she was wearing! Whenever she would call, she would say, "This is your pain in the butt friend Patti asking for yet another favor." And she always ended every conversation with, "I love you guys!" Always. Oh, I am going to miss this woman in my life. There's so much more I'd like to say, but my eyes are so full of tears that I can't see anymore.
I love you Patti & I will miss you more than you could ever, ever know. Keep God on His toes up there, sweet friend. And keep wearing those shoes . . .
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
oh terri, big big hugs to you!!! patti sounds like a wonderful wonderful person and i know that you will always hold her in your memories!
I'm so sorry Terri. :-( Sending lots of hugs your way.
So sorry to hear about your loss! **HUGS**
So sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend..sounds like you were very lucky to have had her in your life..{{HUGS}}
Sorry Terri to hear about your loss. Thinking about you.
Carrie
Post a Comment