Hello! This year, I'll be taking part in JDRF's Walk to Cure Diabetes with Team Jilli-Bean!!! I walk in honor of my precious, precious granddaughter, Jillian. Jilli was diagnosed at the tender age of 17 months. Now, at 3, she is given a minimum of 2 injections each & every day. She has a minimum of 4 sugar checks each & every day & we have to count carbs & sugars of each morsel of food she eats. We are so, so eager to FUND THE CURE for our Jilli, as well as the millions of other Type 1 patients.
One-half million other walkers across the country will be walking on many different dates, trying to reach our goal of raising $100 million!!! Maybe there's a walk near you that you could participate in??? Please check into it, okay???
Type 1, or juvenile, diabetes, is a devastating disease that affects millions of people, a large and growing percentage of them children.
There is some good news, though. For the first time, scientists are predicting that we CAN expect to see a cure well within our lifetime!
Now, more than ever, you can make a crucial difference. Won't you please give to JDRF as generously as possible? Together, we can make the cure a reality! Please donate generously because insulin is NOT a cure!!!! Thank you!!!!
You can reach my Team Jilli-Bean JDRF fundraising page here: My Walk Page
Peace, love, & HOPE for a CURE!!!!!
Friday, February 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I hope you have a great walk. I can only imagine what your little granddaughter has been going through. I am a Type II and was so glad to go on the pump this year - 4 shots a day was horrible! Someday they will find a cure!!!
Post a Comment