Saturday, December 05, 2009

Jingle Bell HOP!!!!!

Hello & welcome to the first ever Ch{all}enge Masters Holiday Blog Hop. Our Jingle Bell HOP!!! The Ch{all}enge Masters Blog was your 1st stop and you are now at the 2nd stop of the hop. I thought about sharing a scrappy project with everyone, but I decided that I was going to share one of my very favorite fudge recipes instead. Years ago we had a progressive dinner each Christmas Day & our house was always the last. The desserts!! I LOVED hosting the desserts because well, they're desserts (LOL) & because, as we were the last stop, everyone could just relax & enjoy themselves & stay as long as they liked. Most Christmas' it was the wee wee hours of the morning before everyone left. I cherish those memories. As with most families, times & traditions change, and we no longer have the progressive dinner. I miss it, but I hold those memories strong in my heart.

Here is my FAVORITE Caramel Fudge Recipe:

3/4 cup margarine
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 cup chopped walnuts

Melt the margarine in a heavy 2 quart saucepan. Add the brown sugar. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the milk and continue cooking, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Cool until lukewarm (about 110 degrees). Stir in the vanilla. Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating vigorously until the mixture is a fudge-like consistency (about 2 minutes). Stir in the walnuts. Spread the mixture into a buttered 8x8x2 inch pan. Chill & cut into squares. Make yourself a hot toddy; put your feet up; grab your favorite scrappy magazine & enjoy your drink & fudge!! ;-)

I have my own little RAK to give away. To be entered in the random draw, all you need to do is tell me what your favorite Christmas dessert is. Leave your comment on this post & I will randomly draw a winner at the conclusion of the hop! If you do happen to make the fudge recipe I would LOVE for you to come back & tell me how you enjoyed it!

After you have visited all the blogs and posted a comment, please be sure to go back to the Challenge Master's blog and post that you are finished. Thanks for hopping with us! Your next stop is our Cards Team Leader, Jamilie.

Thanks so much for joining our Jingle Bell Hop & the Happiest of Holidays to you & yours!!!!

44 comments:

Unknown said...

Terri...That fudge sounds divine! I think I will have to give it a try as I absolutely love love love fudge...What is Christmas without fudge?????

Pam AKA: picnic said...

OK MY POST NAME IS PICNIC AKA: pamela
Oh I Love................Fudge..looks yummy

Anonymous said...

I love to make fudge and have only made chocolate, I will give this a try. Thanks for the recipe!

BrendaB said...

The fudge recipe sounds yummy - I'll have to try it! My favorite Christmas dessert is banana pudding, served with some iced sugar cookies!

E said...

i so excited about the jingle bell Hop i nearly forget to read what you wrote. lol. the fudge does sound fanastic but i have to say my favorite Xmas desert is my dad home made xmas pudding. (Erin P.)

Unknown said...

My favorite christmas dessert is just the basic cut out cookie. I just love decorating them and eating them!

Pat said...

Yummy!!! TFS
My favorite is cream cheese brownies.

Unknown said...

Ohh, your fudges sounds yummy! My favorite dessert are Christmas cookies, I especially love Meltaways and Spritz.

A Sarasota said...

Blog hoppin' to see you! That caramel fudge sounds yummuy. My fave Xmas dessert is checkerboard cake with caramel frosting, good good good.

suzann said...

Terri, your recipe sounds so yummy!!

I love to make fudge, divinity, peanut brittle, almond bark and other stuff, too. But my favorite Christmas dessert if Rum Cake. It's a recipe I got from a friend about 30 years ago. I love to make this and give as a gift to special people!

Jenny said...

OMG!! I fudge that ISN'T chocolate!!! YUMMY!

My fav Christmas Dessert is my G-ma's Coconut Cake...I really must get the secret for that cake before something happens to her!

robin.christine said...

This fudge recipe sounds GREAT!! I'm really thinking about trying this one out! I'll definately let you know how it works out if I get the chance! And just for fun, my favorite Christmas desert are my mom's "heavenlies" they're christmas cookies that melt in your mouth!

Dana Tatar said...

Your fudge recipe sounds delicious! It's all about Egg Nog and homemade sugar cookies for me.

floridagirl said...

uuuummm this caramel fudge sounds absolutely divine....one of my favorite holiday treats is No Bake Cookies - I LOVE THEM!!

papertrails leaver said...

I love fudge so will have to try your recipe! Sounds sunful! But it's the holidays. :-) My favorite dessert for the holidays is caramel chocolate covered apples rolled in toffee that I make for family and friends. Yummy!

Tammy Folk said...

My favorite Christmas dessert would have to be sugar cookies....we make so many around here because "everyone" wants to decorate them...for some reason we don't make them throughout the year, so it's something that we look forward to at "Christmas" time...

Sharon Rittler said...

Ooooohhhh fudge!!! My favorite desert is cherry pie!
-Sharon R.

Jocelyn said...

Oh how fun is this and thanks for sharing that fabulous recipe!!! I need to try it!!!!

JessK said...

Terri...yummy fudge, definately giving it a try! My favorite Christmas treat is homemade nut horn's. We use my Great Grandmother's recipe. It's been a tradition for 3 generations and wouldn't be Christmas without them!!

LoisB said...

Fudge is definitely one of my favorites. I'm also a fan of christmas cookies -love the variety that people make at this time of year.

Sally Cranney said...

That fudge sounds delicious! I will definitely be trying it this year as we're big fudge fans. Thanks for sharing!

Fink said...

What a great idea to do a recipe! Thanks to you for starting the CM!

ThePurplePlace said...

Hi Terri!
I am excited to check out all of the Blogs! What a great idea!

Thanks for the invite and Happy Holidays!

Lisa aka
ThePurplePlace

Nancy D. said...

This fudge recipe sounds wonderful a great one to add to the one we make...a chocolate "SEE"S" fudge that we've made every year for as long as I can remember..everybody love's it!

sharonb said...

Hello!! My favorite chritmas treat is fudge!!!

Audrey Yeager said...

Hi Terri! I might have to try that recipe! My fav holiday cookies are russian tea cakes. I love to have them with a hot cup of tea! YUM!

Audrey Yeager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
*Monica B* said...

Mmm, I love fudge! I will have to try your recipe... I tried my great grandma's recipe last year and totally messed it up!

My favorite holiday treat is frosted sugar cookies. Yum!

Helen said...

Thanks for the recipe Terri! Sounds yummy!
My favorite christmas dessert is a lemon pond cake drizzled with raspberry sauce!

silvia said...

Sounds yummy!! The house hop sounds like a fabulous idea!!!

Tere Azua said...

yum yum yum!!! it sound delicious!!!

Misty Miller said...

Terri I am going to try that fudge. It sounds yummy!! I always look forward to my mom's peanut butter fudge at Christmas time. It is soooo yummy!

Happie Stamper said...

My Favorite Christmas dessert has got to be the cookies... any kind love them all! I'm gonna try your fudge recipe though, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Ooh that recipe looks yummy! I might have to try it. I can never seem to get the fudge to set though.

My fave christmas dessert are anise drop cookies.

Stacy said...

What a great idea to post your favorite recipe!!!! I'm sure people will be baking by the end of the hop :)

mustangkayla said...

I love the festive look to your blog! Fudge sounds so yummy right now! For me, its a tie between my moms caramel brownies made with homeade caramels and my moms chocolate covered peanut butter balls.

July said...

excite with the hop. and love to try out your recipe.

GinniG said...

Hello my friend! Long time no chat! :) Funny how it takes a blog hop to get me over here. (Blushing here!) LOVE the fudge recipe! And a belated Happy Bday to Jillian! {{{HUGS}}}

Anonymous said...

My favorite Christmas dessert is Meringue (Puff) Cookies. They are pretty much just egg whites and sugar, but sooooo good!

Anneliese Grassi said...

Fudge sounds yummy. & I must say, fudge is one of my favorite holiday treats. Dessert or otherwise.

lisa said...

the fudge sounds yummy thanks for putting up the recipe for it.....my favorite holiday desert is pineapple fluff....it only gets made at christmas time at my house and i look forward to it every year....so yummy

little_chachee@hotmail.com

Jscraps4u said...

What a great recipe...My favorite Christmas time dessert are toffee bars. It is a Christmas cookie we make every year. Off to make sure I follow your blog...I think I already do!

Jamilie said...

That fudge sounds awesome! Thanks for the recipe!!

pinky said...

Lovely recipe, will definitely give it to my daughter to have a go lol. She does the cooking I do the eating! Sounds fair... I generally have an ice cream dessert for christmas as by the time it comes to dessert we are all so full lol.
Pinky