Seems like so long since I've posted a "real" message here! Ken went back to work on Monday. I was soooooooooooooooooooooooo sad to send him off. After being together for over 3 weeks 24/7 & taking care of him while he recouped, I was literally lost without him! I missed him so much it hurt! He said the same thing! Anyhow, we're getting back into our daily routine & we appreciate the time we have together instead of taking it for granted! ;-)
Yesterday Barbara, Jillian & myself went to the corporate JDRF Walk for Cure kick-off luncheon & Barbara gave a speech about how/when Jilli was diagnosed. I honestly don't know how she made it through that speech without losing it but she did! Her voice cracked many times, but she maintained & once again, she made her old mom here so very, very proud!! I, on the other hand, was a blubbering idiot, trying my best not to embarrass her & Jilli. Not so sure I succeeded! ;-)Anyhow, my daughter did am amazing job & I couldn't be prouder if I tried!
The theme this year for the walks is Peace, Love & Hope!!!! I think they must have tailored this specifically for our family!! Of course, I'm only kidding, but how PERFECT is this theme for us!! We're going to drive our VW buses to the walks & decorate them with the logos, etc! We're really going to have fun with this theme, let me tell you!!
Anyhow, I think that catches me up a bit here! Time to go wake up my hubby so he can get ready for work! Take good care of you & as always . . . peace & love! Add hope in there now too!!!!
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
you know, we are really working on not taking time for granted here too... there's too little of it!
loving the VW bus ideas!!! can't wait to see pictures!
p.s. oh.... and i do intend to scrap again... it's very hit or miss... but one day very soon i hope to have some time to sit and ponder the piles of pictures i've printed from the last 18 months!!!:P
Post a Comment