In the scrapping world, we're supposed to share what our word of the year is going to be. According to Ali Edwards (who started this tradition) here's what it means:
Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2010?
It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word.
One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities.
The word I haven chosen for 2010 is . . . ACCEPT. I really want to try & ACCEPT all the things around me that sometimes aren't so easy to ACCEPT. I need to ACCEPT things about myself, about others, about life in general. ACCEPT . . . not as easy as it sounds. It's really not. For me anyhow. It's only the 3rd day of the month & I've been put to trial several times already. I really have to try & remember that it is what it is!!
I hope that each of you has a very healthy, happy, prosperous 2010. Filled with LOTS of love, laughter, & cherished memories!! Peace & love . . .
Sunday, January 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WOW! that's really something to think about... hmmmmmmmmmm.....
hope your new year is WONDERFUL!!
Post a Comment