Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What I learned (or re-learned) . . .

I attended a motivational/inspirational seminar in Tampa yesterday that was absolutely AMAZING!!! I got to see & listen to some very influential people who I have admired & respected for a long time. Lou Holtz, Rudy Giuliani, Colin Powell, John Walsh, Apolo Ohno, Tony Dungy, & Zig Ziglar. Someone I had never heard of before was Tamara Lowe & I was VERY inspired by her & her story! My hands hurt from clapping & my throat hurts from "whoohooing" all of these truly inspirational people!! ;-) Here are some things I learned or some things that I already knew & my feelings & emotions were validated by hearing what these amazing people had to say:

* That we can do NOTHING without God in our lives. That as long as we listen to God - truly listen to Him & His word - we're so on the right track!

* That our government isn't going to fix what's wrong in our world. That it's up to each of us to fix what's wrong in our own world. That everyone needs to stop blaming our government for all our problems & step up to the plate to take responsibility for our own messes. We can't expect our government to do that for us. That we need to respect the government we have & everyone needs to work in unity to make sure our nation remains strong & united!

* That your past is your past & needs to be left there. That you will get nowhere in life if you keep looking in the rear view mirror & not out the windshield!! That if you spend all your time looking in that rear view mirror, you are not experiencing the present nor can you see what's up ahead!

* That if you go to bed drunk, chances are good that you'll wake up sober (maybe a little hungover, but sober nonetheless), but if you go to bed ugly, you'll wake up ugly. It's not the outward ugly they're talking about. It's the inner ugly. If you go to bed filled with hatred, bitterness & ugliness . . . that's how you're going to wake up. Your ugliness isn't going to be magically removed while you sleep! You need to remove it yourself!

* Do what's right, do your best & always show people you care!!!

* Do what you love & love what you do! Live your life with passion, love, hope & belief! NEVER stop dreaming & remember that attitude is everything!!

* Get out of debt!!! Debt wreaks havoc on your mind, body & soul!!!

* Lift & you will be lifted. Push down & you'll be pushed down!!

* That NOBODY can make you feel anything about yourself that you don't already feel about yourself!! That people who try to bring negativity into your world or treat you with negativity are not worth the time of day! Surround yourself with positive, uplifting people & make sure you are the same!!

* Read, read & read some more!!!

* Give, give, & give some more!!!

* Listen to what other people have to say!!

* Always find time for laughter in your world!!

* This is more a personal request than something inspirational or motivational. John Walsh (WOW! If you ever get the opportunity to listen to this man talk about what happened to Adam & all they endured as a family, please do so) met with President Obama. He said it's always scary meeting with a new President because you never know if they'll have the same passion & commitment you have for your cause. He said he didn't need to worry about President Obama, who is one of the most kind, caring & compassionate people he has met & that President Obama followed through on a promise he made to John Walsh within 2 days of meeting with him!! John Walsh said that President Obama did his part & that now it's up to all of us to make sure we contact all of our representatives requesting that the Adam Walsh Acts be enacted!! If you could please do that, I would appreciate it & I know that the Walsh family would certainly appreciate it!

I was so inspired by all of these people yesterday & I also felt good about myself because I pretty much had a lot of these thoughts, feelings & emotions in myself. It just felt really uplifting to receive validation from people who are far more incredible than I could hope or imagine to be!! Thanks for letting me share my enthusiasm!!

As always . . . peace, love & HOPE!!!

3 comments:

Jscraps4u said...

Wow Terri! You go girl! Sounds like you had a FANTASTIC day! Use that inspiration and go for whatever it is you want to create! You can do it!

mustangkayla said...

Sounds like a fantastic event to go to!

Kristi B. said...

Great inspiration Terri!